In February 2021, CareQuest Institute for Oral Health collaborated with the Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors (ASTDD) to survey state and territorial oral health program directors to assess the continued impact of COVID-19 on school-based oral health programs (SBOHPs). CareQuest Institute for Oral Health, the Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors, & the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) will present findings from this study and provide recommendations to support SBOHPs and school nurses during the upcoming school year. The content discussed in this joint webinar will also be featured in an upcoming research report.
- Describe the impact of COVID-19 on state oral health programs’ ability to plan and implement SBOHPs.
- Identify successful strategies and barriers faced by the SBOHPs and understand the long-term impact on the oral health of children.
- Understand how NASN can support the dissemination and reach of oral health programming resources to school nurses.
- Recognize at least three methods to support school nurses in return to school and planning for oral health programming.
- Julie Frantsve-Hawley, PhD, CAE, Director of Analytics and Evaluation, CareQuest Institute for Oral Health
- Lori Kepler Cofano, RDH, BSDH, Dental Public Health Consultant, Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors (ASTDD)
- Tamanna Tiwari, MPH, MDS, BDS, Assistant Professor, Department of Community Dentistry and Population Health, Associate Director, Center for Oral Disease Prevention and Population Health Research, University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
- Elizabeth Clark, MSN, RN, NCSN, FNASN, Nursing Education and Practice Specialist, National Association of School Nurses (NASN)