- This event has passed.
Maine CDC Annual Infectious Disease Conference
November 14, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Since 1983, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Disease Surveillance, Department of Health and Human Services has organized an annual infectious disease conference targeting public health issues of emerging concern to medical practitioners throughout the state. Presentation topics will focus on a range of infectious diseases.
- Rashes Explained: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Updates in Epidemiology of STDs
- Tuberculosis Diagnosis – Prevention and Treatment
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- What About Rabies?
- Infectious Disease Hazards of Occupational and Recreational Needle Use
- Healthcare Providers – Immunization Program Staff, Clinicians, Hospital & Nursing Leaders, Health Policy Makers, Public Health Workers, Healthcare Administrators, Infection Control Practitioners, Pharmacists and Laboratorians.
- Medical Office Staff – Practice Managers, Nurses, Case Managers, Medical Assistants, Health Educators, Pharmacy and Laboratory Staff.
- Others interested in emerging infectious diseases of public health significance including public health educators, partners in public health, and students of public health, nursing or medicine.
- Nurse Continuing Education
- Continuing Medical Education
- Pharmacy Continuing Education
- American Academy Family Physicians Continuing Education
- General Continuing Education
Participants – Register by October 15th for early-bird savings. $75 early-bird registration fee. Learn more and register online.
Visit the event website to view the agenda and additional details.