ORAL HEALTH COORDINATOR
The Oral Health Coordinator will lead efforts to assess oral health programming across the network of FQHCs, using data and health center feedback to deliver relevant training and technical assistance to support maintenance and long-term growth of oral health programming in health centers. This contracted position will work independently, and report directly to and receive instructions, advice, and evaluation from the Health Equity Program Manager or his/her designee.
The person in this position will demonstrate a sincere dedication and loyalty to MPCA’s philosophy and mission.
- Accredited undergraduate Bachelor’s degree
- Prior dental or public health experience
- Excellent writing, analytical, organizational and verbal communication skills. Must be detail-oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse workforce.
- Individual must be self-motivated, disciplined and believe in the values, mission and philosophy of the community health center movement
- Familiarity with safety net services, including familiarity with issues that impact the health and well-being of high-risk populations.
- Knowledge of various computer software packages, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Familiarity with electronic medical/dental records a plus.
Example of Duties:
- Develops a program logic model MPCA’s Oral Health Programming
- Coordinates and carries out work plan activities.
- Assists in the development of agendas and follow up training and support for MPCA’s dental peer group
- Coordinates and conducts needs assessment activities to determine the oral health training and TA needs of the community health centers, and identify oral health gaps for vulnerable populations.
- Leads and participates in oral health planning and needs assessments.
- Coordinates oral health education and outreach activities.
- Assists in the development of partnerships, referral networks, and linkages to care/services.
- Researches and establishes best practices related to oral health operations, value based models, and person-centered care
- Coordinates messaging and media outreach.
- Develops and prepares documents, reports, surveys, and program evaluations.
- Participates in coalitions and workgroups to coordinate work plan activities and program directives.
- Participates in calls, webinars, and meetings for ongoing training in oral health best practices.
**This position starts March 2, 2020 and is for a one-year contract position with the possibility of expanding beyond that year depending on funding.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references to Lisa Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org.