Bucksport Regional Health Center
The Phlebotomist & Unit Secretary collects laboratory specimens, prepares specimens for analysis in-house or to send elsewhere, analyzes specimens, reports results and maintains patient files and records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures lab orders are in place prior to the patient’s blood being drawn.
2. Collects and processes patient specimens in accordance with Health Center laboratory policies and procedures.
3. Judges appropriateness of test order vs. given diagnosis and checks with Laboratory Manager if any question.
4. Handles and disposes of lab specimens in accordance with Health Center policies and procedures.
5. Runs waived lab testing after appropriate training and review.
6. Responds to inquiries to the lab.
7. Initiates mechanisms to improve departmental efficiency and quality of work.
8. Brings any issue that cannot be resolved to the attention of the Laboratory Manager
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
At least one year of experience as a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist strongly preferred.
Ability to communicate and present information clearly and concisely.
Ability to read, interpret, and apply clinical policies and procedures.
Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
Successful completion of in-house training as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Laboratory Manager.
Job type: Part time
Pay: $17.00 – $17.50 per hour
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Employees are required to be vaccinated prior to employment. Employees are screened upon arrival to work. Masks must be worn at all times in public areas. Patients are also screened.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org