Website Islands Community Medical Services
A.) JOB PURPOSE:
We are committed to providing high-quality counseling, including trauma-informed care to our clients and are seeking a dedicated and compassionate licensed social worker to join our team. If you are passionate about helping others heal from trauma and meet the qualifications for this position, please submit your application. Options are available for both position full-time and part-time positions; some presence on the island would be expected in either case.
B.) JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
· Provide Individual, Family, and Group Counseling: The licensed social worker will be responsible for providing individual, family, and group counseling services to clients. They will have training and experience in the ability to help clients process their experiences, gain an understanding of their issues, and develop coping skills to manage their symptoms.
· Use a Trauma-Informed Approach: The licensed social worker will use a trauma-informed approach to assess and treat clients who have experienced trauma. This means that they will work to understand the impact of trauma on the individual’s physical, emotional, and psychological health, and adjust their approach to care accordingly.
· Have experience and a willingness to provide care in person and by telemedicine.
· Develop Individualized Treatment Plans and Goals: The licensed social worker will work with each client to develop individualized treatment plans and goals based on their unique needs and experiences. They will use evidence-based treatment approaches, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy and mindfulness-based interventions, to help clients reach their goals.
· Collaborate with Other Healthcare Providers: The licensed social worker will work collaboratively with other healthcare providers, such as psychiatrists, primary care physicians, and nurses, to ensure a coordinated approach to care. They will share information and insights to ensure that clients receive comprehensive care that addresses all aspects of their health.
· Make Referrals to Other Providers: The licensed social worker will be responsible for making referrals to other healthcare providers or community resources when appropriate. They will assess the client’s needs and connect them with additional services or support, such as psychiatrists, substance abuse treatment providers, or housing assistance programs. The licensed social worker will work closely with these providers to ensure that the client receives comprehensive and coordinated care.
· Maintain Accurate and Up-to-Date Records: The licensed social worker will be responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records and documentation. They will use electronic medical records to record notes, treatment plans, and progress updates, and will ensure that all information is kept confidential and secure.
· Attend Regular Staff Meetings and Trainings: The licensed social worker will be expected to attend regular staff meetings and trainings to stay up to date on best practices in trauma-informed care and to share insights and knowledge with colleagues.
· Participate in Quality Improvement and Program Evaluation: The licensed social worker will participate in quality improvement and program evaluation activities to ensure that the services provided are of the highest quality and that clients are receiving the care they need to heal from trauma.
C.) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Master’s degree in social work or related field
· Knowledge of and experience with trauma-informed care and cognitive therapy approaches
· Experience providing counseling services to clients across the age range is ideal, although work with each or some of these groups: child, adolescent, and adults will also be considered.
· Current license to practice as a Social Worker
D.) JOB COMPETENCIES
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with a team of healthcare professionals
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to maintain client confidentiality and privacy
· Computer literacy, including experience with electronic medical records
· Training in trauma informed care
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com