Website Penobscot Community Health Care
Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join the Walk-in-Care team at PCHCenter on Union Street in Bangor. PCHC is one of the most innovative, forward-looking FQHCs in the country. Help us fulfill our mission of providing comprehensive, high-quality care to all, regardless of life circumstance!
Curious, or interested in learning more? Apply today or contact Recruitment@pchc.com for more information.
- This is a dynamic and collaborative role embedded in an outpatient primary care practice
- The position is planned for full-time, 3 12-hour shifts per week
- Manageable volume
- The Walk-in-Care setting is by nature unpredictable
- Successful candidates will be comfortable with a high degree of variety in cases from day-to-day
- Encounter the full gamut of medical conditions- from acute illness to chronic disease
- Work with all ages across the lifespan
- There is synchronous clinical support during all hours of operation
- Common procedures include suturing, incision and drainage of abscesses, removal of soft tissue foreign bodies, closed reduction of simple fractures and dislocations, splinting
- On-site services include family medicine, primary care pharmacy, behavioral health, rehabilitation, medication management, social services
- Nationally recognized Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- Highly inventive, creative and dynamic programs and care models
- Engaged, supportive patient population
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed leadership
- Flexible schedules supportive of work/life balance
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Medical student loan repayment & relocation assistance
PCHC cares for the WHOLE person, offering a broad range of services, including Psychiatry & Mental Health, Dental, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Geriatrics, Lab & X-Ray, Physical Therapy and Podiatry all within one organization.
Penobscot Community Health Care: is a non-profit FQHC governed by a board of community volunteers and comprised of seventeen practices and program service sites in Central Maine. PCHC is recognized as a leading primary health care provider and teaching center – offering dental, family nurse practitioner and pharmacy residency programs alongside our integrated primary health services.
Greater Bangor, Maine Metro: a historic, riverside area just an hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National Park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, and Brewer is located just across the Penobscot River. With Bangor’s international airport, the region is easy to access. It’s a short drive to Boston (3 hours) and Portland’s quaint Old Port is 2 hours away. Limitless four-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make this area highly desirable for professional families.
Our mission is front-and-center in everything we do; PCHC’s highly trained and dedicated teams of health professionals are a reflection of that. You will be working with motivated, caring individuals that have a passion to bring the highest level of patient-centered care to the community.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today! You can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing email@example.com.
Contact: 207.992.9200 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.