Website Penobscot Community Health Care
Penobscot Community Health Care (PCHC) invites you to join the first dental practice in the state of Maine to offer Dental Therapy! PCHC took the lead in 2019 with this innovative approach to addressing the dental access crisis, and in 2020, hired the first Provisional Dental Therapist in Maine. PCHC is now seeking a Dental Therapist to join the expanding team and its successful Dental Therapy service.
The qualified candidate will have graduated from an accredited Dental Hygiene Therapy training program, and be board-eligible in the State of Maine as a dental hygienist and provisional dental therapist. Compensation for this position is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Join PCHC’s nationally recognized non-profit organization:
- Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- PCHC is a comprehensive dental center with 43 operatories
- Work in a collegial professional environment with the latest oral health technology, including digital x-rays and paperless dental record
- Preventative and specialty care including restorative, oral surgery, fixed and removable prosthetics, orthodontics, and walk-in care all under one roof
- PCHC offers highly innovative programs and options for career growth
- Engaged and supportive patient population in an area of demonstrated need
- Informed leadership and superb support services staff work closely with qualified candidate through the Maine licensure and credentialing process and throughout practice growth and development
- Generous compensation and benefits
Penobscot Community Health Care: is a non-profit organization governed by a board of community volunteers. PCHC is comprised of more than sixteen practices and program service sites in the Greater Bangor area, in Old Town, Belfast and Jackman. We offer a wide range of services including family medicine, dental, pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health and substance abuse, specialty services, pharmacy and both shelter and healthcare for those experiencing homelessness. Our integrated medical home model and progressive senior leadership is aimed at truly integrating primary health services, including dental in order to care for the whole person. Each PCHC service supports our mission and vision in which everyone has access to quality, cost effective health care, regardless of life circumstance. PCHC services support and empower people to advocate for their personal goals and needs and to connect with community-based resources. Our success is measured when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
Greater Bangor Metro Region: Live and work in a historic, riverside city less than an hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own international airport. It’s a short drive to Boston, MA (3 hrs.) and Portland ME’s quaint Old Port is even closer (2 hrs.). Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make the Greater Bangor Region highly desirable for professional families.
PCHC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today! You can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.