Website Penobscot Community Health Care
PCHC invites you to come help care for your community. We are seeking an experienced board-certified or board-eligible physician to join our well-established flagship campus in Bangor. PCHC is the largest and most comprehensive FQHC in Maine and the 2nd largest in New England, with 17 practice sites and service locations.
We’d love to show you how PCHC providers thrive in a collegial professional work environment. Partner with informed leadership to offer a truly integrated medical home model for our patients. Embrace and be embraced by the PCHC Mission and Vision – support people to advocate for their personal goals and needs and connect with community-based resources. Measure success along with us when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
This position is planned for full-time 40 hour week, with 32 patient contact hours. Part-time schedule is possible. Primarily practice-based but some non-clinical remote work is possible.
- Experienced, multi-disciplinary team of outpatient primary care providers on site -with embedded Psychotherapy and Recovery Treatment, Primary Care Pharmacy and more under one roof
- Superb and experienced support staff
- Very reasonable shared family medicine call schedule (currently averaging one week per year)
- Clinic hours are generally 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- No scheduled weekends
- The successful candidate will be a team player dedicated to patient-centered care, energized by a fast-paced professional environment where innovation and collaboration are prized
PCHC is a Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- Engaged and supportive patient population
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed leadership
- Flexible schedules supportive of work/life balance
Why Penobscot Community Health Care? Governed by a board of community volunteers, PCHC offers a wide range of fully integrated primary care services for the whole person: family medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, dental, mental health, speech and hearing, nutrition, substance use disorder treatment, podiatry and chiropractic medicine, primary care pharmacy, shelter and healthcare for those experiencing homelessness, and more! PCHC has practices and program service sites in Bangor, Brewer, Old Town, Winterport, Belfast and Jackman.
Bangor, Maine: Live and work in a historic, riverside city just half-an-hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own international airport. It’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) or Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.). Limitless four-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make the Greater Bangor Region highly desirable for professional families.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.