Website Penobscot Community Health Care
Join one of the most inventive and forward-looking FQHCs in the country. Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking a Psychotherapist to rotate between Bangor and Brewer School Based Health Centers.
- LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, conditional license considered
- This a new and emerging mental health service
- Must be comfortable in a developing environment
- Work will be primarily on-site, in person at the schools
- The positon is planned for full-time, 40 hours per week, year-around
- Scheduled generally Monday – Friday
- Hoteling space on the PCHC campus is being planned for when school is not in session
This is a unique opportunity to play a key and foundational role in increasing access to mental health services for the school population. Collaborate with interdisciplinary primary care providers throughout PCHC, work closely with peers in other School-Based Health Centers. The positon will promote timely access to care, continuity of care, and the enhancement of well-being in our area’s children.
Why Penobscot Community Health Care?
- Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- Highly innovative programs and care settings
- Experienced, interdisciplinary team including psychiatrists, family medicine physicians, psychotherapists, and licensed clinical social workers
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed leadership and superb support
- Engaged and supportive patient population
- Flexible schedules supportive of work/life balance
- Medical student loan repayment & relocation assistance available
- Competitive compensation and benefits
Penobscot Community Health Care: a non-profit organization governed by a board of community volunteers, PCHC is comprised of sixteen practices and program service sites in the Greater Bangor area, in Old Town, Belfast and Jackman. We offer a wide range of services including family medicine, dental, pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health and substance abuse, specialty services, pharmacy and both shelter and healthcare for the homeless. Our integrated medical home model supports our mission and vision in which everyone has access to quality, cost effective health care. Our services support and empower people to advocate for their personal goals and needs and connect with community-based resources. Our success is measured when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
Bangor, Maine: Part of the Greater Bangor Metro area: Live in a historic, riverside city just half-an-hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Maine’s third largest metro, with its own International airport. It’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.). Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make the Greater Bangor Region highly desirable for professional families.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today! You can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hiring! What’s it like to work at PCHC?
Find out in these two videos:
Contact: Jamie L. Grant, Provider Recruiter
207.992.9200 / email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org