Website Penobscot Community Health Care
PCHC - join a thriving community health center
Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking a full-time Audiologist to join our growing practice at the Warren Center for Speech and Hearing in Bangor, Maine. Our busy Center is located conveniently in a beautifully renovated building alongside Penobscot Pediatrics, the area’s largest and well-respected pediatrics practice. The qualified candidate will have a Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Audiology and be board certified or board eligible.
The position is planned for full-time 40 hours, generally four ten-hour days.
Highlights of the position:
- Work closely with the Lead Audiologist to provide the highest quality patient care
- Provide audiology assessments and treatments for all age groups
- Plan, develop and coordinate audiological programs at the Center and off-site locations
- Interpret results of audiological evaluations and make recommendations on hearing aids, earmolds and/or other sensitive devices
- Serve as consultant to other clinical staff members, including student clinicians, at the Center
- Counsel clients, parents and families, or appropriate responsible person regarding test results and follow-up recommendations.
- Maintain communication and help to manage accounts with hearing aid manufacturers and earmold laboratories.
- Perform checks and maintenance of specialized equipment
Join PCHC’s nationally recognized non-profit organization:
Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- PCHC offers highly innovative programs and care models
- Engaged and supportive patient population
- Informed leadership and superb support services staff
- Collegial, professional environment with opportunity for interdisciplinary collaboration
- Competitive compensation and benefits
Penobscot Community Health Care: is governed by a board of community volunteers. PCHC is comprised of seventeen practices and program service sites in the Greater Bangor area, in Old Town, Belfast and Jackman. We offer a wide range of services including family medicine, dental, pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health and substance abuse, specialty services, pharmacy and both shelter, transitional housing and healthcare for the homeless. Our integrated medical home model supports our mission and vision in which everyone has access to quality, cost effective health care. PCHC’s services support and empower people to advocate for their personal goals and needs, and connect with community-based resources. Our success is measured when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
Warren Center for Speech and Hearing: The Warren Center provides complete audiometric evaluations performed by our licensed, certified audiologists. Evaluations include a number of specialized tests for infants, children and adults which assess hearing ability and type of hearing loss, complete hearing aid services, as well as a wide selection of hearing aids. The Warren Center’s cochlear implant program is the state’s only cochlear implant programming / mapping facility able to work with all three implant companies, and is the only site in Maine able to provide these services to children with cochlear implants.
Bangor, Maine: a historic, riverside city just over half-an-hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National Park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own international airport. Located right along the I-95 corridor, it’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.) on I-95. Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues, coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private education make this area highly desirable for professional families.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today! You can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hiring! What’s it like to work at PCHC?
Find out in these two videos:
Why Choose PCHC?
Contact: Jamie L. Grant, Provider Recruiter
207.992.9200 / email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.