Penobscot Community Health Care
PCHC - join a thriving community health center
Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with strong interest in substance abuse/recovery to provide SUD and limited primary care.
The SUD-designated provider will be embedded at PCHCenter’s primary care practice on Union Street in Bangor. This is a medication-first model for treatment for opioid use disorder, providing rapid, low barrier access to provide medication for opioid use disorder and working with patients toward full recovery over the long-term. In addition to SUD work, supplemental primary and acute care is expected when working with patients not already in the care of a primary care provider. The SUD-designated provider will have the option to maintain a small patient panel, if appropriate for the patient. The SUD provider may flex to other PCHC SUD locations in the Greater Bangor area, and to Medical Outreach services, depending on the needs of the organization.
This is an opportunity to put your dedication to patient-centered care, innovation, and collaboration to work in a low-barrier, integrated care environment for recovery. PCHC is a Federally Qualified Health Center nationally recognized as a leader in recovery work and primary care. The successful candidate’s professional goals will align with PCHC’s culture and mission to provide access to quality healthcare to all, regardless of life circumstance.
This position is planned for full-time 40 hours per week, with schedule flexibility to accommodate four ten-hour days or five eight-hour days. Must be able to work Mondays and Fridays.
- Work with a team dedicated to providing full-spectrum support for patients to live a clean and productive life without addition.
- PCHC achieves the highest level of recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) year after year.
- Informed leadership and superb support staff work together with providers as a cohesive team, helping to make a real difference in the lives of patients and the community every day.
- Participate in highly innovative programs and care options throughout PCHC.
- Work with an engaged and supportive patient population.
- Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including:403B Retirement plan with employer match
- 2 HSA options to choose from, with Medical, Dental, Eye health coverage and more.
- Relocation Assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Generous PTO, plus 11 recognized holidays
- CME allowance and leave time
Penobscot Community Health Care: is a non-profit organization governed by a board of community volunteers. PCHC is comprised of seventeen practices and program service sites in the Greater Bangor area, in Old Town, Winterport Belfast and Jackman. We offer a wide range of services including family medicine, dental, pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health and substance use disorder/recovery, medical specialty services, pharmacy and both shelter and healthcare for the homeless. PCHC services support and empower people to advocate for their personal goals and needs and connect with community-based resources. Our success is measured when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
Greater Bangor region: Historic, riverside area less than one hour away from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National Park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own international airport. It’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.). Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make the Greater Bangor Region highly desirable for professional families.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.