Website Penobscot Community Health Care
PCHC - join a thriving community health center
Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join the Hope House Health and Living Center in Bangor, Maine. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established primary care practice with emphasis on providing outstanding integrated health care for those experiencing homelessness in our region. The practice offers a full-range of primary health care services including mental health, recovery treatment and medication assisted treatment.
Highlights of the position:
- This position is planned for full-time 40 hours per week
- Flexible schedule with 4-day work week may be an option, based on practice needs
- Telemedicine options (non-clinical hours only) may be available
- The candidate must have the ability to flex days of week, hours of work—some evenings or a weekend day for example, and may be expected to work off-site as needed
- Experienced PMHNP (at least two years of clinical practice) preferred
Hope House Health and Living Center
- The practice is located on the campus of one of the largest emergency homeless shelters (64 beds) in the state of Maine.
- In addition to housing and on-site health care services, three meals per day are provided with assistance and coordination from various community groups.
- A 48-bed transitional housing center rounds out the campus, with private rooms and access to on-site laundry, a community kitchenette, shared common rooms and more
- The successful candidate will be an energetic, team player , with a passion for working in this environment to provide comprehensive care to our adult patient panel
- Experienced, interdisciplinary team providing truly integrated primary care
- Team includes psychiatrists, family medicine physicians, psychotherapists, and clinical social workers on-site
- Superb, well-qualified support staff
- Engaged and supportive patient population
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed leadership and superb support
- Loan repayment & relocation assistance available
- 403(B) Retirement
- Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Eye Health coverage
Penobscot Community Health Care: PCHC is comprised of seventeen practices and program service sites in the Greater Bangor area, in Old Town, Winterport, Belfast and Jackman. We offer a wide range of services including family medicine, dental, pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health and substance abuse, specialty services, pharmacy and both shelter and healthcare for the homeless. Our integrated medical home model supports our mission and vision in which everyone has access to quality, cost effective health care. Our services support and empower people to advocate for their personal goals and needs and connect with community-based resources. Our success is measured when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
Bangor, Maine: Live in a historic, riverside city less than one hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own International airport. It’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.). Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make the Greater Bangor Region highly desirable for professional families.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today! You can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hiring! What’s it like to work at PCHC?
Find out in these two videos:
Contact: Jamie L. Grant, Provider Recruiter
207.992.9200 / email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.