Website Penobscot Community Health Care
Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking an experienced psychiatrist to join our large FQHC in Bangor, Maine. This is a unique opportunity to join a strong and growing Health Center with seventeen fully-integrated primary care practice sites and service locations! Family medicine, dental, walk-in-care, shelter and transitional housing, psychotherapy, recovery, medication assisted treatment, geriatrics/long-term care/home care, pediatrics and more all within PCHC.
Highlights of the position
- This position is planned for full-time 40 hours per week
- Flexible scheduling options, including 4 or 5 day work week
- General Psychiatry, performing and documenting psychiatric evaluations and medication follow ups
- Providing direct, individual, family and group therapy
- Supervising (with dedicated administrative time) +/- 8 eight PMHNPs working in outpatient primary care settings
- The successful candidate must have the ability to occasionally flex days of week, hours of work and work sites as needed
- In-person work is required, some telehealth options may be available
- Experienced Psychiatrist with at least two years of clinical practice preferred
- Interdisciplinary team approach promotes strong peer support
PMHNPs, family medicine physicians, psychotherapists (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT), primary care pharmacists on-site
- Engaged and supportive patient population
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed leadership and superb operations and clinical support staff
- Loan repayment & relocation assistance available
- 403(B) Retirement
- Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Eye Health coverage
Penobscot Community Health Care: PCHC’s practices are located in the Greater Bangor area, in Bangor, Brewer, Old Town, Winterport, Belfast and Jackman. Our integrated medical home model supports our mission and vision in which everyone has access to quality, cost effective health care. PCHC services support and empower people to advocate for their personal goals and needs and connect with community-based resources. Success is measured when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
Bangor, Maine Metro: Live in a historic, riverside city less than one hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own International airport. It’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.). Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make the Greater Bangor Region highly desirable for professional families.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today! You can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing email@example.com.
We are hiring! What’s it like to work at PCHC?
Find out in these two videos:
Contact: Jamie L. Grant, Provider Recruiter
207.992.9200 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com