Website Penobscot Community Health Care
Do you lead with your heart? PCHC is seeking an experienced family medicine provider to practice and help lead Seaport Community Health Center in Belfast, Maine. Experienced physicians with at least ten years of experience in practice and/or leadership roles are welcome to apply.
Become a part of PCHC’s nationally recognized non-profit organization. PCHC providers thrive by embracing our Mission and Vision, in which everyone has access to quality, cost-effective health care regardless of life circumstance. This is an opportunity to practice part time with your own patient panel and further build upon the excellent foundation and strengths of this well-regarded, established integrated primary care practice in leadership of +/- 15 outstanding clinicians and a superb, experienced support staff.
- The position is planned for a full-time, 40 hour week with approximately 24 patient contact hours. Balance split between administrative and leadership duties
- Work closely with co-medical director, an experienced Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner to lead the practice
- Direct supervision for on-site primary care providers and clinical oversight of specialty services at the clinic, including family medicine, mental health, recovery, pediatrics and care management
- A portion (up to 8 hours) of non-clinical hours may be remote
- Clinic hours are generally of 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Four-or-five-day work week available, depending on preference
- Very manageable shared primary care call requirement – about one week per year
- No scheduled weekends
- The successful candidate will be a team player dedicated to patient-centered care, energized by a fast-paced professional environment where innovation and collaboration are prized
Why Penobscot Community Health Care?
Governed by a board of community volunteers, PCHC is a Federally Qualified Health Center comprised of seventeen practices and program service sites in Bangor, Brewer, Old Town, Winterport, Belfast and Jackman. As an organization PCHC offers a wide range of fully integrated primary care services for the whole person: family medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, dental, mental health, speech and hearing, nutrition, substance use disorder treatment, podiatry and chiropractic medicine, primary care pharmacy, shelter and healthcare for those experiencing homelessness, and more!
- PCHC providers enjoy highly inventive, creative and dynamic programs and care models
- Engaged, supportive patient population with demonstrated need
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed and accessible leadership
- Flexible schedules supportive of work/life balance
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Student loan repayment, CME allowance, relocation assistance
PCHC supports and empowers people to advocate for their personal goals and needs and connect with community-based resources. Our success is measured when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
Seaport Community Health Center achieved the highest level of recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. In 2021, SCHC was awarded Best of the Best Award for Medical Office/Health Facility in Waldo County by the Belfast Chamber of Commerce in partnership with The Village Soup/The Republican Journal and area residents. This is a well-established team of 20+ interdisciplinary providers, serving their communities for nearly 30 years.
Belfast, Maine is located at the mouth of a beautiful river estuary on Belfast Bay and Penobscot Bay; it’s a classic maritime community, with stately homes and leafy streets. Picturesque harbor views frame every angle of the vibrant downtown. Less than 1 hour to Bangor, Maine’s 3rd largest city and its International Airport. Renowned for its love of the Arts, the Belfast region is a classic example of Maine sea-side living.
Bangor, Maine: a historic, riverside city just half-an-hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own international airport. It’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) or Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.). Limitless four-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make the Greater Bangor Region highly desirable for professional families.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today! You can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing email@example.com.
We are hiring! What’s it like to work at PCHC?
Find out in these two videos:
Contact: Jamie L. Grant, Provider Recruiter
207.992.9200 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.