Website Penobscot Community Health Care
PCHC - join a thriving community health center
Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join the Walk-in-Care team at Helen Hunt Health Center in Old Town! PCHC is one of the most innovative, forward-looking FQHCs in the country. Help us fulfill our mission of providing comprehensive, high-quality care to all, regardless of life circumstance!
Curious, or interested in learning more? Apply today or contact Recruitment@pchc.com for more information.
- This is a dynamic and collaborative role embedded in an outpatient primary care practice
- The position is planned for full-time, 3 12-hour shifts per week
- Manageable volume
- The Walk-in-Care setting is by nature unpredictable
- Successful candidates will be comfortable with a high degree of variety in cases from day-to-day
- Encounter the full gamut of medical conditions- from acute illness to chronic disease
- Work with all ages across the lifespan
- There is synchronous clinical support during all hours of operation
- Common procedures include suturing, incision and drainage of abscesses, removal of soft tissue foreign bodies, closed reduction of simple fractures and dislocations, splinting
- On-site services include family medicine, primary care pharmacy, behavioral health, rehabilitation, medication management, social services
- Nationally recognized Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- Highly inventive, creative and dynamic programs and care models
- Engaged, supportive patient population
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed leadership
- Flexible schedules supportive of work/life balance
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Medical student loan repayment & relocation assistance
- PCHC cares for the WHOLE person, offering a broad range of services, including Psychiatry & Mental Health, Dental, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Geriatrics, Lab & X-Ray, Physical Therapy and Podiatry all within one organization.
Penobscot Community Health Care is a non-profit FQHC governed by a board of community volunteers and comprised of seventeen practices and program service sites in Central Maine. PCHC is recognized as a leading primary health care provider and teaching center – offering dental, family nurse practitioner and pharmacy residency programs alongside our integrated primary health services.
Helen Hunt Health Center is housed in a beautifully renovated, spacious 3-story 1903 brick school house rich with local history. A well-loved landmark that has been lovingly restored, the Helen Hunt building serves as a focal point for community health services just as it did for education over 100 years ago when it was a school serving local 4th and 5th grade students!
Old Town, Maine is a unique island community made up of several islands in the Penobscot and Stillwater Rivers conveniently accessed by several bridges. Just 10 minutes from downtown Bangor, AND 10 minutes from UMaine’s flagship campus in neighboring Orono, Old Town is a quaint community surrounded by acres of forest and pristine waters with more than 50 miles of rivers and streams accessible year-around.
Our mission is front-and-center in everything we do; PCHC’s highly trained and dedicated teams of health professionals are a reflection of that. You will be working with motivated, caring individuals that have a passion to bring the highest level of patient-centered care to the community.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today! You can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hiring! What’s it like to work at PCHC?
Find out in these two videos:
Contact: Jamie L. Grant, Provider Recruiter
207.992.9200 / email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.