Website St. Croix Regional Family Health Center
St. Croix Regional Family Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center serving Maine’s Washington county, seeks an experienced Finance Assistant to join a dynamic team. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Assistant provides collaborative support in several areas of financial management. Responsibilities include the general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable and grant contract coordination. The right individual must be highly motivated and will have strong demonstrated experience with non-profit fund accounting.
The Finance Assistant provides collaborative financial support to the Finance Director and managers of SCRFHC’s programs and partnerships, helping to ensure the success of the programs and responsible compliance with their contractual requirements. The Finance Assistant will provide accounting and administrative support to accomplish the following activities:
- Prepare entries to the general ledger and various subsidiary ledgers. Reconcile with source documents and transactions to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist in the maintenance of accounts receivable and payables, cash receipts, payroll, general ledger and related subsidiary ledgers, financial reports.
- Reconciles accounts, initiates corrective actions, and formulates and recommends system and process changes through evaluation, analysis of problems, and application of accounting theory.
- Maintain daily control logs, bank deposits, and manage cash drawers/petty cash.
- Provide support to the Finance Director with the external auditors in conducting the annual audit, the annual 990 information return preparation, annual UDS reporting and other regulatory reports.
- Maintain a calendar of due dates for current grant reporting and invoicing requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely financial recordkeeping and reporting in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Check all new vendors against Federal and State excluded parties listings, produce & file 1099’s.
- Perform quarterly checks for all active vendors.
- Provide support in the approval and implementation of new financial policies and procedures as required to maintain adequate internal controls.
- Performs regular payroll procedures, maintaining staff hours and reconciling timecard entries. Maintain attendance, absences, and time-off requests.
- Maintain and manage employee benefit plans and be familiar with HR policies.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience Sought:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; 3-5 years of experience in accounting preferred.
- Experience with non-profit accounting and Federal and State grant compliance and reporting strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles and non-profit accounting.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks.
- Proficiency and flexibility with office technology including computers, conference calls, Microsoft office suite and web-based applications, specifically Google Suite.
- Must be patient, personable and approachable, with ability to work with diverse people, and to build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop and follow a prioritized plan of work, set and keep deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and be responsive to time-sensitive organizational priorities and competing demands.
- Must possess strong communication skills with the ability to listen well and write and speak effectively.
This is a full-time position with strong benefits and the opportunity for growth. Salary is negotiable with experience. Position is based in Princeton. Full COVID-19 vaccination or appropriate medical exemption by the prospective employee’s start date is a requirement of this position.
St. Croix Regional Family Health Center is an equal opportunity provider and employer.