Website St. Croix Regional Family Health Center
The receptionist is responsible for answering telephone calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, scheduling appointments, registering or reregistering patients and scanning documents into patient charts.
All potential new employees will undergo a background and Office of Inspector General exclusion report and periodically thereafter.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets visitors and patients in a friendly and professional manner; determines their needs, notifies the person being visited or instructs them to wait for the nurse. The receptionist stays within the vicinity of the reception area or coordinates with other employees to cover during any absence.
- Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously; screens calls, transfers caller to correct individual; does not leave a caller on hold or unattended for more than 60 seconds; takes complete and accurate messages when person called is unavailable and assigns the Telephone Encounter to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Confirms appointments for the next business day.
- Places the phone system on night mode at the end of the day.
- Reconciles the day’s payments with their payment batch and makes a deposit slip for any cash or checks taken in that day.
- Participates as an involved member in SCRFHC clinic team projects. Attend required meetings.
- Assist with QI activities.
- Self-direct, motivate and function successfully in a team environment.
PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME DUTIES:
- Practices team-based car
- Involved in huddles on daily basis per huddle procedure
- Attends required staff meetings
- Attends required training meetings
- Participates in clinic and team Quality Improvement processes
- Is invested in fostering patient self-management including involving the PCMH Care
- Attend monthly meetings at which clinics, PCMH, and best-practice procedures and business agenda are addressed
- Attend Performance Improvement Team and other QI committees as assigned
Reports to the Office Manager. Assists and works with other employees to facilitate smooth office operations.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of High School diploma or a GED POST-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- All new employees must complete communication training, Health literacy and patient safety, within the first week of employment.
- All new employees must complete training in coordination of care for patients and maybe assigned to a care team to support patients and families in self-management, self-efficiency, and behavior change within the first 2 weeks of employment as administered by the practice manager.
- All new employees must complete training in population management within the first month of employment as administered by the office manager.
- All clinical employees must complete motivational interviewing training within 3 months of employment.
SCRFHC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org