Website St. Croix Regional Family Health Center
Physician/Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Summary of functions:
A Doctor, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is responsible for promoting the health and safety of their patients by providing proactive treatment and diagnoses. Their duties include speaking with patients to address their health concerns, conducting physical examinations to ensure their patients’ health, ordering preventative and diagnostic testing as indicated, performing minor office-based procedures, prescribing therapeutic medications and administering vaccinations for common illnesses, disease prevention or allergies.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Identify short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Document patient care services by charting in EHR.
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develop health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Attend required meetings.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist with QI activities.
- Participate as an involved member in SCRFHC clinical team projects.
- Self-direct, motivate and function successfully in a team environment.
All Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants report to the health center Medical Director.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Complete an accredited, formal education program and pass a national exam to obtain a license, and acquire CEU’s to keep license current
- Board certification is preferred and encouraged
- Current BLS certification or ability to complete no later than the 1st week of employment
Patient centered medical home duties:
- Practice team-based care
- Participate in Team Huddles on daily basis per huddle procedure
- Attend required staff meetings
- Attend required training meetings
- Participate in clinic and team Quality Improvement processes
- Is invested in fostering patient self-management including use of the PCMH model of care
- Attend Performance Improvement Team and other QI committees as assigned
- All new employees must complete all assigned online mandatory trainings within the first week of employment.
- All new employees must complete training in population management within the first month of employment as administered by the office manager.
- All clinical employees must complete motivational interviewing online training module within 3 months of employment.
- All potential new employees will undergo a background and Office of Inspector General exclusion report and periodically thereafter as required by law.
St. Croix Regional Family Health Center is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org