Website York County Community Action Corp./Nasson Health Care
Nasson Health Care
A Division of York County Community Action Corp.
Nasson Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Center with clinical sites in Springvale and Biddeford, Maine. We serve York County and neighboring communities through provision of fully integrated medical, dental and behavioral health care.
Professional Medical Coder-Lead
Full Time; Nonexempt
The Coder role is vital to the financial health of the health center, working collaboratively with administrative, clinical and provider teams, to accurately review provider code selection, documentation and documentation improvement. This position contributes to the financial strength, compliance and overall performance of Revenue Cycle operations by providing leadership for all coding functions, including all provider services. The Coding Lead works collaboratively and harmoniously with providers, leaders and billing teams and serves in a key role to monitor and facilitate improvement in the overall quality, timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of coding processes as well as effectiveness of coding policy, practices and technology platforms.
In this role, the Professional Coder-Lead will:
- Work with the billing team on payer documentation issues, appeals, and denials to ensure claims are coded, billed and paid timely and accurately.
- Ensure selected encounters are reviewed for coding accuracy, CPT code choice is accurate prior to billing ensuring timely and accurate coding reviews.
- Oversee and train new CPC to assist with coding audits.
- Regularly train new providers on documentation accuracy, completeness and code selection.
- Develop proficiency with the NextGen practice management system and assist with upgrade testing as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with health care professional coding and billing.
- Certification such as CPC, CRC, COC, CCS, CEMC, CPMA required.
- Associate’s degree in business, health care management or related field preferred.
- Experience will an electronic practice management and electronic billing system preferred.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory developments involving agencies (CMS, DHS, FQHC)
- Maintain certifications (CPC, CPMA, Compliance etc. as applicable)
- Proficiency in the use of standard office software.
- Ability to practice strong organizational skills to attend to multiple tasks at the same time, prioritize time sensitive tasks with multiple interruptions, ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols.
- Must not have an active record with the System for Award Management.
Health, dental, vision and basic life insurance; HRA; Income protection; FSA; 403(b); PTO; Paid holidays; Employee Assistance Program
To be considered, please include a cover letter with your resume. Completed application packets may be reviewed upon receipt.
Apply now in our Career Center – it only takes a few minutes!
Please email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.