Website York County Community Action Corp./Nasson Health Care
Nasson Health Care
A Division of York County Community Action Corp.
Nasson Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Center with clinical sites in Springvale and Biddeford, Maine. We serve York County and neighboring communities through provision of fully integrated medical, dental and behavioral health care.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Nasson Health Care is seeking a qualified clinical leader to work collaboratively with a team of health and administrative professionals to provide comprehensive primary care to patients while utilizing the Patient-Centered Medical Home model of care delivery. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner:
· Provides diagnoses, conducts therapy and prescribes medication for patients with substance use disorder, psychiatric disorders and medical organic brain disorders.
· Assures access for continuity of care through appropriate referrals for sub-specialty and inpatient services and prompt follow-up of patients discharged from inpatient settings.
· Engages population health strategies to identify and address health needs among various segments of the primary care patient panel.
· Collaborates with other members of the practice team to prepare for patients’ office visits and assure that all indicated services are planned and delivered.
· Actively engages in ongoing provider panel management activities; routinely scans patient records for gaps in care and takes steps to assure that appointments are scheduled and all indicated services are delivered.
· Fully embraces and carries out all applicable NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home standards and Federally Qualified Health Center requirements.
Applicants must have a Master’s degree in nursing, an unrestricted Maine license to practice as an advance practice nurse practitioner, Board Certification as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner as well as a U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency license. Qualifications include:
· A minimum of three years’ experience in a psychiatric or primary care medical practice required.
· A working knowledge of the core concepts of evidence-based practice, social and behavioral determinants of health, population-based care, integration of medical, behavioral health and dental care, and Meaningful Use of health information technology.
· Demonstrated respect for cultural diversity in serving patients and families and ability to apply critical thinking skills in performing patient assessment and care.
· Willingness to work some non-traditional hours and ability to travel between YCCAC/Nasson Health Care clinical sites.
Nasson Health Care complies fully with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations concerning employee immunizations, including those pertaining to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and U.S. DHHS rules requiring employees to be fully vaccinated if working in a designated State of Maine Healthcare Facility.
To be considered, please include a cover letter with your resume. Completed application packets may be reviewed upon receipt.
Apply now in our Career Center – it only takes a few minutes!
Please email questions to: email@example.com