The Bi-State Primary Care Association, Maine Primary Care Association and DentaQuest invite dentists, dental team members, policy makers, advocates, and others with an interest in improving health to attend this training that will focus on what a value-based oral health system can look like in each state and strategies for practice re-design that support integrated care.
Join our national and state experts to explore:
• Strategies for integrating care
• Transforming to value-based care
• Tools to improve outcomes
The DentaQuest Partnership for Oral Health Advancement in collaboration with the Bi-State and Maine Primary Care Associations is hosting a two-day training to facilitate learning around value-based care in oral health, practice re-design and integrated care. Participants who attend the training will be eligible to receive 10 hours of continuing dental or medical education credits. Our presenters and coaches are national experts in the field of oral health and talented professionals who bring knowledge from a variety of areas related to care delivery and finance.
• Identify current policy trends and potential strategies to achieve improved health outcomes.
• Lay the groundwork for a dental program-specific learning community to accelerate success in VBC ecosystems.
• Facilitate a panel discussion for a joint state policy overview, the current state of payment and care delivery and then the desired future state
in 3-5 years.
• Outline the key tenants necessary to provide value-based care to the safety net, how the care gets delivered to at risk populations and what would
it take to provide that care.
• Support safety net dental programs in understanding their role in achieving the value-based metrics in the new encounter rate system.
• Develop strategies to help dental programs and community providers to facilitate better integration with primary care in order to achieve improved
health outcomes for their patients.
Participants will learn:
• What a value-based care system can look like in each state.
• Opportunities and challenges to transitioning to a value-based care delivery and payment system in each state.
• How to assess the readiness of their program to be a successful partner in an OHVBC contract.
• Why crucial operational elements should be in place for dental programs in an OHVBC contract.
• How to transform from a fee-for-service payment system to a value-based payment model.
• Develop effective policies and procedures to improve care delivery.
• Develop strategies to achieve integrated care.
Attending Day 1: $95
Attending Day 2: $95
Attending Both Days: $175