Maine Primary Care Association Announces Winners of the 2022 Clinical and Administrative Excellence Awards
Rockport, ME – Oct. 5, 2022 – Maine Primary Care Association (MPCA), a membership organization representing the collective voices of Maine’s Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), is pleased to announce the winners of the 2022 Clinical and Administrative Excellence Awards, which were presented during MPCA's Annual Conference that took place at the Samoset Resort in Rockport on Wednesday, Oct.5, 2022. The Clinical and Administrative Excellence Awards were created in 2005 to honor the contributions and accomplishments of individuals and health center advocates working to ensure that affordable, high quality and equitable health care is available to all Maine people.
This year, award winners were recognized for their leadership, dedication, and support of Maine’s Community Health Centers. The 2022 award winners are as follows:
- Holly Gartmayer-DeYoung President’s Award – Senator Ned Claxton (D-Androscoggin) and Representative Jack Ducharme (R-Madison), Maine State Legislature
- Carol Eckert, MD Memorial Award – Hans Duvefelt, MD, ABFM, Bucksport Regional Health Center
- Theresa Knowles Nurse Practitioner Excellence Award – Samantha Gilligan, FNP, Penobscot Community Health Care
- General Excellence Award – Corinne LaPlant, Executive Director, St. Croix Regional Family Medical Center
- Team-Based Excellence Award – Pathways Program, Greater Portland Health
Darcy Shargo, CEO, Maine Primary Care Association, said, "Maine's Community Health Centers are filled with remarkably talented and selfless individuals who serve their communities with dedication and pride. This year's award recipients have continued to show their commitment and passion in the face of challenges none of us could have predicted. On behalf of our members and our staff, I am delighted to honor all that they do to make Maine a better place."