National Health Center Week 2019 Theme Unveiled!
NACHC recently announced the theme of National Health Center Week (NHCW) – Celebrating America’s Health Centers: Rooted in Communities. Community health centers across the nation are increasing access to affordable quality care and generating economic growth in local communities. For the first time, NHCW is focusing on the innovative care that health centers are doing to reduce the inequity created by social determinants of health. Just as plants need nutrient-rich soil to grow, health centers are cultivating health care systems and services that enable patients to thrive. Join us Aug 4-10 as we celebrate all of the people who allow heath centers’ mission to flourish. Click HERE to visit the NACHC website!
Each day of NHCW 2019 is dedicated to a particular focus area:
- Sunday, 8/4: Social Determinants Day (Creating Nutrient-Rich Soil)
- Monday, 8/5: Healthcare for the Homeless Day
- Tuesday, 8/6: Agricultural Worker Health Day
- Wednesday, 8/7: Patient Appreciation Day
- Thursday, 8/8: Stakeholder Appreciation Day
- Friday, 8/9: Health Center Staff Appreciation Day
- Saturday, 8/10: Children’s Health Day
MPCA is busy planning a special event where we will announce an important new initiative that fits within the theme of this year’s event. Stay tuned; more information to follow.
As you have done in years past, please be sure to keep us posted to your NHCW events. We are looking forward to celebrating with you in August as our PCA staff plan to attend as many events as possible that week. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Bryan Wyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.